Mission Statement: Our main goals are to provide a higher level of competition for Elmwood Park softball players who are serious about improving their skills beyond the EPBS in house spring season and grow our local participation in girls’ fast-pitch softball. Our teams will work hard to complete with the highest level of integrity and effort. Winning is great, but will never become more important than team work and good sportsmanship of our players.
Overview of the Program:
- Girls must be registered in the Elmwood Park Baseball Softball “house league” to be eligible to play for Extreme Teams.
- Clear training and sharing of best practices for all of our teams and coaches. Clinics and off season training will be offered to all our players.
- House league softball games take precedence over Extreme practices and games during the spring season.
- The Extreme and EPBS league will run and host off-season workouts-clinics beginning in December or January of the year preceding tournament play. All Elmwood Park softball players from the previous year or newly registered players are invited to attend off-season workouts-clinics offered.
- Extreme tryouts and team rosters will vary depending on numbers of teams and ages at the various levels. All rosters and tryouts will be set and determined/approved by the approved Manager chosen by the EPBS executive board. Players can be added to a team if needed after tryouts as determined by the team manager. * Note All Elmwood Park Softball players may attend tryouts with the exception of high school athletes who will be evaluated separately.
- Funding for uniforms entry fees, clinics, specialty coaching etc. will be handled by each division through EPBS and subject to budget approval by the EPBS board of directors. We expect our fees to range about 25%-50% of typical club travel softball. We encourage player development and think a custom tailored program works better over a one-size fits all approach that typical club travel teams use for off season training.
- Extreme teams schedule will vary based on level and interest from players and coaches. We typically could play game in Spring, Summer and Fall. Fall ball will be optional and ranges from August through October.
- All tournaments are within the Chicago Metro area. No overnight stays are required unless agreed upon. Tournaments may be scheduled on back-to-back weekends depending.
*note Evaluations may also be completed by player rankings by team coaches and approved by EPBS board for evaluation purposes.
For questions about the program contact our Director of Travel Softball email@example.com or cell 708 201 1015